- 1A room or area where food is prepared and cooked.More example sentences
- It was now early evening, and Vera was in the kitchen, preparing the food that she had sent Bill out for.
- There is also a large patio area that borders the kitchen and dining room.
- We've become sedentary, convenience foods fill our kitchens, and stress is a common denominator.
- 1.1A set of fixtures, cabinets, and appliances that are sold together and installed in a room where food is prepared: a complete kitchen at a bargain priceMore example sentences
- Unlike other actors, who sell fitted kitchens or serve pizzas between gigs, Duffy goes to the gym and tries to keep hold of his sanity.
- MFI is the market leader, and not only does the company sell fitted kitchens it also makes them too.
- Fitted kitchens are, apparently, out in favour of standalone units.
- 1.2Cuisine: the dried shrimp pastes of the Thai kitchenMore example sentences
- Every region in Italy has a different type of cheese and that's the beauty of the Italian kitchen.
- In Japan, the restaurants are very specialized, so Tomita sought work in the US, wanting to explore all aspects of the Japanese kitchen.
Old English cycene; related to Dutch keuken and German Küche, based on Latin coquere 'to cook'.