Definition of kiwi fruit in English:
noun (plural same)
A fruit with a thin hairy skin, green flesh, and black seeds. Also called Chinese gooseberry.
- This fruit is obtained from the eastern Asian climbing plant Actinidia chinensis (family Actinidiaceae)
- Junior's fruit platter came with grapes, apples, bananas and kiwi fruit.
- Good sources of vitamin C include peppers, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oranges and kiwi fruit.
- Back in 1953, there were no avocados, no kiwi fruit, and not a suspicion of mozzarella and tomato pizza.
Definition of kiwi fruit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan