Definition of kiwi fruit in English:
noun (plural same)
A fruit with a thin hairy skin, green flesh, and black seeds. Also called Chinese gooseberry.
- This fruit is obtained from the eastern Asian climbing plant Actinidia chinensis (family Actinidiaceae)
- Junior's fruit platter came with grapes, apples, bananas and kiwi fruit.
- Good sources of vitamin C include peppers, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oranges and kiwi fruit.
- Back in 1953, there were no avocados, no kiwi fruit, and not a suspicion of mozzarella and tomato pizza.
Definition of kiwi fruit in:
- British & World English dictionary