Definition of klebsiella in English:
A bacterium that causes respiratory, urinary, and wound infections.
- Genus Klebsiella; nonmotile Gram-negative rods
- He feels an overgrowth of Candida Albicans, which allows klebsiella bacteria to enter the blood stream, is the main culprit.
- Legal action against the Department of Health was being considered by many of the parents of the babies who died in an outbreak of klebsiella at the hospital, an attorney said yesterday.
- Recent tests have proved that nano-processed fabric is able to drain away some 96 per cent of escherichia coli and klebsiella pneumoniae.
Modern Latin, from the name Klebs.
Definition of klebsiella in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan