- A Greek dish consisting of lamb marinated with lemon juice and herbs and cooked slowly in a sealed container.More example sentences
- For a memorable main course, there is a wonderful lamb and vegetable concoction - kleftiko - topped with melted cheese or grilled swordfish steaks.
- My favourite dish is stifado, though kleftiko runs a close second.
- There is also a restaurant attached, and the speciality is kleftiko, a slow-roasted Greek lamb dish.
Greek klephtiko, from klephtikos 'relating to the klephts' (see klepht).
More definitions of kleftikoDefinition of kleftiko in:
- The British & World English dictionary