(usually klieg light)
- A powerful electric lamp used in filming.More example sentences
- They were preceded by a bus carrying a generator shining a huge klieg light on the procession, so that video-cameramen could immortalise the scene.
- As darkness fell, the eerie scene was lit by huge banks of bright industrial klieg lights to help rescuers.
- It's hard to figure why the owners would go to the trouble of fitting out appealing outdoor dining patios, only to light them with banks of glary klieg lights.
1920s: named after the American brothers, Anton T. Kliegl (1872–1927) and John H. Kliegl (1869–1959), who invented it.
More definitions of kliegDefinition of klieg in:
- The British & World English dictionary