Definition of klipspringer in English:
A small rock-dwelling antelope with a yellowish-gray coat, an arched back, and a stiff bouncing gait, native to southern Africa.
- Oreotragus oreotragus, family Bovidae
- The Reserve is stocked with small game - blesbok, mountain reebok, duiker, klipspringer and steenbok, as well as the small creatures: mongoose, tortoise and genet.
- In the hills are the nimble klipspringers which explore these hilly rocky outcrops.
- Klipspringers and common jackals are also a regular sight on the plateau, and with luck you may even spot Walia ibex expertly balancing on the vertiginous rock ledges.
Words that rhyme with klipspringergunslinger • bell-ringer
Definition of klipspringer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan