Definition of klipspringer in English:
A small rock-dwelling antelope with a yellowish-gray coat, an arched back, and a stiff bouncing gait, native to southern Africa.
- Oreotragus oreotragus, family Bovidae
- The Reserve is stocked with small game - blesbok, mountain reebok, duiker, klipspringer and steenbok, as well as the small creatures: mongoose, tortoise and genet.
- In the hills are the nimble klipspringers which explore these hilly rocky outcrops.
- Klipspringers and common jackals are also a regular sight on the plateau, and with luck you may even spot Walia ibex expertly balancing on the vertiginous rock ledges.
Words that rhyme with klipspringergunslinger • bell-ringer
Definition of klipspringer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.