Definition of knapweed in English:
A tough-stemmed plant of the daisy family that typically has purple thistlelike flower heads, occurring typically in grassland and on roadsides.
- Genus Centaurea, family Compositae: several species, including the widespread black knapweed (C. nigra) (also called hardheads)
- The oil from the seeds of cotton thistles was extracted for fuel and knapweed, centaurea scabiosa, was believed to promote healing of bruises and wounds.
- Currently, most producers apply chemicals on rangeland in spring or summer, when knapweed begins to flower, but research is showing that fall application may be preferable.
- Spotted knapweed is not killed by fire, but sagebrush is.
Words that rhyme with knapweedseaweed • chickweed
Definition of knapweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan