Definition of knee-slapper in English:
nounNorth American informal
An uproariously funny joke.
- We had many scenes that were not knee-slappers, but in between takes he would have me laughing so hard that I could relax.
- Though this could easily be the elaborate set up for one of your dad's dinner-table knee-slappers, this is the true-to-life plot of a theatrical venture called Oh No, A Condo!
- There are plenty of smiles and quite a few knee-slappers.
- Example sentences
- At this point, the entire kitchen erupted in knee-slapping laughter.
- What follows is a rare thing: a masterful Shakespearean spin-off - smart, fast moving, and littered with knee-slapping references to the original.
- And despite the fact that there are lots of chuckles in The Ladykillers, there is nothing new or hilarious enough to inspire a knee-slapping good time.
Definition of knee-slapper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.