Definition of knee-slapper in English:
nounNorth American informal
An uproariously funny joke.
- We had many scenes that were not knee-slappers, but in between takes he would have me laughing so hard that I could relax.
- Though this could easily be the elaborate set up for one of your dad's dinner-table knee-slappers, this is the true-to-life plot of a theatrical venture called Oh No, A Condo!
- There are plenty of smiles and quite a few knee-slappers.
- Example sentences
- At this point, the entire kitchen erupted in knee-slapping laughter.
- What follows is a rare thing: a masterful Shakespearean spin-off - smart, fast moving, and littered with knee-slapping references to the original.
- And despite the fact that there are lots of chuckles in The Ladykillers, there is nothing new or hilarious enough to inspire a knee-slapping good time.
Definition of knee-slapper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan