Definition of knickers in English:
2British A woman’s or girl’s underpants.
- I showered, got changed into my black lacy French knickers and a black vest, had 3 glasses of wine and lay on the bed waiting for him to come home.
- She greeted me at the door wearing only her bra and knickers, and a seductive smile.
- She smiled at me and performed a pirouette, her skirt rising up to reveal a flash of white knickers.
get one's knickers in a twist
- British informal Become upset or angry.Example sentences
- The Tories have really got their knickers in a twist over this.
- It's been accused of rampant misogyny but the men are so pitiful and the show so unfunny that I won't be getting my knickers in a twist about the sexism.
- Masts can be disguised or even concealed completely so there is nothing unsightly for members of the local planning committee or Civic Society to get their knickers in a twist about.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan