- A mouse whose DNA has been genetically engineered so that it does not express particular proteins.More example sentences
- Postdoctoral fellow Deborah Burks, lead author of the Nature paper, decided to examine fertility in the knockout mice.
- Liver regeneration is impaired in iNOS gene knockout mice.
- More importantly, researchers can use knockout mice to develop better models of many inherited human diseases.
More definitions of knockout mouseDefinition of knockout mouse in:
- The British & World English dictionary