Definition of knotweed in English:
1A plant of the dock family that typically has sheaths where the leaves join the stems. It is often an invasive weed.
- Polygonum and other genera, family Polygonaceae: several species, in particular Japanese knotweed
- Barberry, knotweed, and ailanthus are just some of the horticultural immigrants that continue to out-compete many of our indigenous species.
- Abundant goosefoot, some knotweed (both erect knotweed and other species), some wild rice, and seeds of various grasses and weeds were also recovered.
- Dock-leaved knotweed appeared in 1998, and overwhelmingly dominated the submergent littoral zone in 1999.
Definition of knotweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan