Definition of kochia in English:
A shrubby Eurasian plant of the goosefoot family, grown for its decorative foliage, which turns deep fiery red in the autumn. Also called burning bush, summer cypress.
- Bassia (formerly Kochia) scoparia, family Chenopodiaceae
- This can help control early emerging summer annuals such as kochia if they aren't ALS-resistant.
- It controls many broadleaf weeds including kochia, both triazine resistant and ALS resistant biotypes.
- Several weed species, including kochia, Russian thistle, and field sandbur are extremely drought tolerant.
Late 19th century: named after Wilhelm D. J. Koch (1771–1849), German botanist.
Definition of kochia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.