Definition of koel in English:
An Asian and Australasian cuckoo with a call that resembles its name, the male typically having all-black plumage.
- Genus Eudynamys, family Cuculidae: one or two species, in particular E. scolopacea
- Trying to make myself as small as I could, I slowly and quietly stalked the wild koel.
- I heard the taunting whistle of the koel and I knew I was in a mango orchard.
- As his voice resonated, mingling with the call of a distant koel, the mystery of the majestic edifice stood out.
Words that rhyme with koelbestowal, Lowell, Noel
Definition of koel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.