Definition of koel in English:
An Asian and Australasian cuckoo with a call that resembles its name, the male typically having all-black plumage.
- Genus Eudynamys, family Cuculidae: one or two species, in particular E. scolopacea
- Trying to make myself as small as I could, I slowly and quietly stalked the wild koel.
- I heard the taunting whistle of the koel and I knew I was in a mango orchard.
- As his voice resonated, mingling with the call of a distant koel, the mystery of the majestic edifice stood out.
Words that rhyme with koelbestowal, Lowell, Noel
Definition of koel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan