noun (plural kohlrabies)
- A cabbage of a variety with an edible turniplike swollen stem.More example sentences
- The carrots, zucchini, and kohlrabi for the early meal's main casserole lay beside it.
- The pale delicacy of marinated yellowtail is bolstered by a feisty trio of kohlrabi, radish, and mint.
- Place the kohlrabi into a juicer and extract the liquid.
early 19th century: via German from Italian cavoli rape, plural of cavolo rapa, from medieval Latin caulorapa, from Latin caulis (see cole) + rapum, rapa 'turnip'; compare with French chou-rave.
More definitions of kohlrabiDefinition of kohlrabi in:
- The British & World English dictionary