Definition of kolinsky in English:
noun (plural kolinskies)
1A dark brown weasel with a bushy tail, found from Siberia to Japan.
- Mustela sibirica, family Mustelidae. Alternative name: Siberian weasel
- Among these is the kolinsky, also known as the yellow weasel, red sable, tartar sable, or China mink.
- The Siberian weasel also known as the Siberian mink or kolinsky is the most common among Asian mustelids.
- A study of wild populations in Japan showed that the average longevity of Siberian weasels was about 2.1 years.
1.1The fur of the kolinsky.
Mid 19th century: from the place name Kola, a port in northwestern Russia, + the pseudo-Russian ending -insky.
Words that rhyme with kolinskyDzerzhinsky, Kandinsky, Nijinsky, Stravinsky
Definition of kolinsky in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.