1 (plural kronor /-nôr/) The basic monetary unit of Sweden, equal to 100 öre.
- Svanberg's comments were taken as a threat to move production out of Sweden should the krona be maintained.
- He was also ordered to pay 150,000 kronor in damages to Lindh's family.
- If Sweden does vote yes, the krona will likely be history by 2006.
2 (plural kronur /-nər/) The basic monetary unit of Iceland, equal to 100 aurar.
From Old Norse króna 'crown'
- Only a few weeks ago in Iceland, concerns over economic confidence were reflected by falls in both the Icelandic kronur and its stock market.
- The Iceland krona rose 2.3%, recovering some of its recent steep decline.
- The Canadian dollar, Danish krone and Iceland krona have gained about 3%.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of krona in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.