(also cyanite /ˈsīə-/)
- A blue or green crystalline mineral consisting of aluminum silicate, used in heat-resistant ceramics.More example sentences
- Outside we saw large tables covered high with specimens of kyanite in quartz.
- However, most kyanite occurs as bladed crystals without well-developed terminations.
- Citrine and all the types of kyanite are good examples.
late 18th century: from Greek kuanos, kuaneos 'dark blue' + -ite1.
More definitions of kyaniteDefinition of kyanite in:
- The British & World English dictionary