- An Austrian folk dance in triple time, a precursor of the waltz.More example sentences
- A German-Austrian turning dance in 3/4 or 3/8 times whose origins are not clear, though it bears similarities to the volta, the weller, and the ländler.
- Early German folk dances, such as the Drehtanz and the ländler, were active, springing dances full of lively steps and the throwing of the woman partner into the air, but all had the revolving characteristics.
- The Scherzo-Allegro vivace danced off the keyboard like a true ländler.
late 19th century: German, from Landl 'Upper Austria'.
More definitions of ländlerDefinition of ländler in:
- The British & World English dictionary