Definition of labdanum in English:
A gum resin obtained from the twigs of a southern European rockrose, used in perfumery and for fumigation.
- The rockrose is usually Cistus ladanifer, family Cistaceae
- It's a full-bodied, grown-up, proper ladies' fragrance that's a quiet storm of spices and resins, with notes of amber, patchouli, sandalwood, labdanum and benzoin.
- The base is: green, tea, mate, galbanum, labdanum, tree-moss, patchouli, vetiver, aromatic woods, and hints of powder and gentle spices.
- The woody hay backnotes were provided by burning a blend I had made that included synthetic deertongue oil, cedarwood and assorted warm notes like cistus labdanum and helichrysium.
Definition of labdanum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan