Definition of Labrador tea in English:
A low-growing northern shrub of the heath family, with fragrant leathery evergreen leaves that are sometimes used as a tea substitute.
- Ledum groenlandicum, family Ericaceae
- The young leaves of Labrador tea become infected in the fall; look for evidence of the orange fungus and powdery orange spores on the leaves.
- Wet loving plants start to appear on the terraces that alternate with short dry slopes: cotton grass mixed with Labrador teas, mouse eared chickweed, dried avens.
- Shade-intolerant and often found on moist to wet soils, Labrador tea is common on open peatland dominated by sphagnum moss and in open-canopy coniferous forests.
Definition of Labrador tea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.