- A small European tree that has hanging clusters of yellow flowers succeeded by slender pods containing poisonous seeds. The hard timber is sometimes used as an ebony substitute. Native to Central and Southern Europe, laburnums have been widely planted as ornamentals.
More example sentences
- Genus Laburnum, family Leguminosae
- In a really well-furnished country garden the laburnums are equal in splendour to any trees that are grown.
- The only thing I have heard about laburnums is that they can seed around like crazy.
- It's something that laburnums suffer from and I fear that once you've got it, it will spread very rapidly through all the other laburnums.
More definitions of laburnumDefinition of laburnum in:
- The British & World English dictionary