Definition of labyrinth fish in English:
A freshwater fish with poorly developed gills and a labyrinthine accessory breathing organ, native to Africa and Asia.
- Suborder Anabantoidei: Belontiidae and related families, with many species, including such popular aquarium fishes as the gouramis and the fighting fish
- Most labyrinth fish are robust and easy to keep, and on the whole can be expected to do well.
- The actual courtship and spawning are not at all violent or rough compared to some other labyrinth fish.
- The Gourami is a labyrinth fish, so their places are the top levels.
Definition of labyrinth fish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan