Definition of labyrinth fish in English:
A freshwater fish with poorly developed gills and a labyrinthine accessory breathing organ, native to Africa and Asia.
- Suborder Anabantoidei: Belontiidae and related families, with many species, including such popular aquarium fishes as the gouramis and the fighting fish
- Most labyrinth fish are robust and easy to keep, and on the whole can be expected to do well.
- The actual courtship and spawning are not at all violent or rough compared to some other labyrinth fish.
- The Gourami is a labyrinth fish, so their places are the top levels.
Definition of labyrinth fish in:
- British & World English dictionary