Any of a number of trees or shrubs that possess a lacy bark or inner bark, in particular.
- ● An evergreen Caribbean shrub with a lacy inner bark that is used ornamentally (Lagetta lagetto, family Thymelaeaceae). ● A small ornamental New Zealand tree (genus Hoheria, family Malvaceae).
More example sentences
- The confusion of these two species has led to lacebark elm being condemned as an inferior tree.
- Disney World has used lacebark elm extensively in their landscape and it does very well.
- Fairgoers interested in purchasing one of the lacebarks can visit the Preservation Tree sales booth on East Park Plaza.
Definition of lacebark in:
- The British & World English dictionary