Definition of lacebark in English:
Any of a number of trees or shrubs that possess a lacy bark or inner bark, in particular.
- ● An evergreen Caribbean shrub with a lacy inner bark that is used ornamentally (Lagetta lagetto, family Thymelaeaceae). ● A small ornamental New Zealand tree (genus Hoheria, family Malvaceae).
- The confusion of these two species has led to lacebark elm being condemned as an inferior tree.
- Disney World has used lacebark elm extensively in their landscape and it does very well.
- Fairgoers interested in purchasing one of the lacebarks can visit the Preservation Tree sales booth on East Park Plaza.
Definition of lacebark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan