Definition of lacemaking in English:
The activity of making lace.
- Tatting materials are few; all you need for lacemaking is thread, a shuttle or needle, and patterns.
- The development of lacemaking is based on the mastery of other textile handicrafts, primarily weaving and embroidery.
- Although I have tried different ways of making lace, such as fine crochet, knitted lace and tatting, to me bobbin lacemaking has to be the most satisfying of all.
- Example sentences
- We have done homage to the old lacemakers of Haute-Loire.
- Ah, mademoiselle's mother, perhaps, was a lacemaker.
- This is the story of the intrepid lacemakers of Loughborough, whose struggle to earn a living took some of them to Devon, some of them to Calais, and finally - trapped between the poorhouses of England and the French Revolution of 1848-to a new life in the colonies of Australia.
Words that rhyme with lacemakingpacemaking
Definition of lacemaking in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia