- The activity of making lace.More example sentences
- Tatting materials are few; all you need for lacemaking is thread, a shuttle or needle, and patterns.
- The development of lacemaking is based on the mastery of other textile handicrafts, primarily weaving and embroidery.
- Although I have tried different ways of making lace, such as fine crochet, knitted lace and tatting, to me bobbin lacemaking has to be the most satisfying of all.
- More example sentences
- We have done homage to the old lacemakers of Haute-Loire.
- Ah, mademoiselle's mother, perhaps, was a lacemaker.
- This is the story of the intrepid lacemakers of Loughborough, whose struggle to earn a living took some of them to Devon, some of them to Calais, and finally - trapped between the poorhouses of England and the French Revolution of 1848-to a new life in the colonies of Australia.
More definitions of lacemakingDefinition of lacemaking in:
- The British & World English dictionary