(also lacrimal or lacrymal)
Definition of lachrymal in English:
2 (usually lacrimal) Physiology & Anatomy Concerned with the secretion of tears: lacrimal cells
More example sentences
- From the lacrimal sacs, tears move down through the nasolacrimal duct and drain into the back of the nose.
- A simple and easy-to-perform test assessing the function of the lacrimal glands is the Schirmer's test.
- This will consequently elevate the lacrimal punctum into a more favourable position so that the tear film will drain into it more readily.
nounBack to top
1 (usually lacrimal or lacrimal bone) Anatomy A small bone forming part of the eye socket.
- The area corresponding to the lacrimals, prefrontals and posterior nasals is difficult to recognise.
- The lacrimal bones are thin bones that form the anterior portion of the medial walls of the individual orbits.
- The lacrimal bone is a small and fragile bone at the inner orbit of the eye through which the lacrimal duct runs.
Definition of lachrymal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan