- Jagger's conclusions are similar: ‘There is a shocking lack of evidence in this case,’ she says.
- The Iowa straw poll is just another example of the general lack of enthusiasm for the GOP field.
- Much of the country is suffering severe lack of water, and the small quantities supplied are not good for human use.
- The Court noted that mediation was mandatory, the controversy was one covered by the statute and, as a result, the courts lacked subject matter jurisdiction to hear the dispute.
- April and May brought daily news reports quoting U.S. military officers saying they lacked the manpower to do their jobs.
- We liked the politics of that strategy - for instance, trying to overhaul Social Security and immigration - but it was clear it lacked traction in Congress.
Middle English: corresponding to, and perhaps partly from, Middle Dutch and Middle Low German lak 'deficiency', Middle Dutch laken 'lack, blame'.
Words that rhyme with lackaback, alack, attack, back, black, brack, clack, claque, crack, Dirac, drack, flack, flak, hack, jack, Kazakh, knack, lakh, mac, mach, Nagorno-Karabakh, pack, pitchblack, plaque, quack, rack, sac, sack, shack, shellac, slack, smack, snack, stack, tach, tack, thwack, track, vac, wack, whack, wrack, yak, Zack
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.