Definition of lackluster in English:
1Lacking in vitality, force, or conviction; uninspired or uninspiring: no excuses were made for the team’s lackluster performance
More example sentences
- Janis Joplin is the only artist at the top of her game; most of the other groups give lackluster and bland performances of their songs.
- It's better to have loved and lost than to be in a lacklustre and uninspiring relationship for the rest of your life.
- Duncan Smith's uninspiring leadership and his lacklustre shadow cabinet failed to make any initial impact on the electorate.
1.1(Of the hair or the eyes) not shining; dull.
- The coffee was strong, her grey eyes lacklustre, her dull hair stringy, just like during the torn days.
- What's the best way to add sparkle to lacklustre hair?
- He comes nearer and nearer, sizes up his victim with his bulging lacklustre eyes and drives it mad.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan