- 1Milky in appearance.More example sentences
- When the crystallization has terminated, the autoclave is cooled and a lactescent suspension is discharged.
- In the file sheet 1, a plurality of square recesses 4, which serve as portions for receiving films, are arrayed in a transparent or lactescent planar square plastic sheet 3.
- Just looking at the lactescent SavMart or the uninhabited appearance of Sy's apartment is enough to make you feel hollow inside.
- 1.1 Botany Yielding a milky latex.More example sentences
- It is brownish-yellow outside, whitish and lactescent within, having an acrid taste and disagreeable odour.
mid 17th century: from Latin lactescent- 'being milky', from the verb lactere, from lac, lact- 'milk'.
More definitions of lactescentDefinition of lactescent in:
- The British & World English dictionary