- A protein present in milk and other secretions, with bactericidal and iron-binding properties.More example sentences
- Furthermore, research on preneoplastic colonic mucosa of UC patients has demonstrated immunoreactivity to the major iron-binding proteins, lactoferrin, transferrin, and ferritin.
- The components of whey include beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, bovine serum albumin, lactoferrin, immunoglobulins, lactoperoxidase enzymes, glycomacropeptides, lactose, and minerals.
- A month before, another study showed - for the first time ever that a milk protein known as lactoferrin appears to cause rapid bone growth.
More definitions of lactoferrinDefinition of lactoferrin in:
- The British & World English dictionary