- (Of a hormone or other substance) inducing the secretion of milk.More example sentences
- Ichinose and Nandi first showed that whole mammary glands from hormone-pretreated pubescent mice can undergo normal lobuloalveolar development in vitro in the presence of specific lactogenic hormones.
- Many antipsychotic medications and metoclopramide have lactogenic activity because of their antidopaminergic effects.
- In addition to binding to GHR, human GH binds to the prolactin receptor and is unique in its lactogenic activity.
More definitions of lactogenicDefinition of lactogenic in:
- The British & World English dictionary