Characteristic of a young man who behaves in a boisterously macho manner.
- The message they're really sending out is that we want men who indulge in stereotypically laddish or macho behaviour, and don't let themselves be too sensitive or be seen doing anything traditionally associated with women.
- They call each other ‘you guys’, which is fitting, since they behave in such a laddish fashion, they might as well be blokes.
- His laddish image and macho pronouncements have obscured the fact that he is happily married to a Japanese woman, Yuriko.
- Example sentences
- But for all his posturing, his faux laddishness and his pummelled prose, Amis is the one modern English writer capable of juggling fiction and literary journalism and making a better fist of both than most on this side of the pond.
- Market-driven segmentation of the generations is compounded by advertisers' promotion and celebration of stereotypes - laddishness and girlie-ness.
- But those years slipped into laddishness, embracing only one kind of Manchester, and we ended-up with a culture that glorified thugs, drugs, and thieving.
Words that rhyme with laddishbaddish, caddish, faddish, kaddish, radish, saddish
Definition of laddish in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.