noun (plural laddus)
- An Indian confection, typically made from flour, sugar, and shortening, that is shaped into a ball.More example sentences
- Some laddu are made from a mixture of khoya and sugar formed into balls without cooking.
- Get ready for rasagulla and rasmalai, as well as lavang lathikas and nariyal ladoos, if you have a sweet tooth and don't have to worry about calories.
- There are special desserts such as the Kakinada Kaja, made with maida, flour and ghee, and the Bhandar Laddu, made with basen flour, ghee and sugar, and the Annamaiah laddus, miniature versions of the famous Tirupati laddus.
from Hindi laḍḍū.
More definitions of ladduDefinition of laddu in:
- The British & World English dictionary