nounBritish • informal
- A young woman who behaves in a boisterously assertive or crude manner and engages in heavy drinking.More example sentences
- And the high profile of ladettes ignores the fact that the majority of women drink alone at home.
- Says Dr Jackson: ‘Initially the term ladette was associated mainly with post-school-age young women.’
- Fathers in Islamic countries do not want their dutiful daughters, who marry as virgins, turned into promiscuous, drunken, foul-mouthed, tattooed and pierced ladettes.
1990s: from lad + -ette.
More definitions of ladetteDefinition of ladette in:
- The British & World English dictionary