nounchiefly • historical
- A maid who attended to the personal needs of her mistress.More example sentences
- In the upper left-hand corner a lady's maid hands her mistress a fan and a revolver to complete her attire.
- Realizing that ‘there was a lot more to being a lady's maid than I had thought ’, she learns that ‘there was slips and stays and shifts and hose and garters, petticoats and drawers’.
- Mary Ann was a lady's maid and she married John on 14 September 1806.
More definitions of lady's maidDefinition of lady's maid in:
- The British & World English dictionary