Definition of lady fern in English:
A tall, graceful fern of worldwide distribution that favors moist shady habitats.
- Athyrium and other genera, family Woodsiaceae: several species, in particular A. filix-femina
- On moist slopes above the terraces, northern maidenhair replaces the lady fern, and oceanspray populates the shrub layer.
- Near the streams is an abundance of lady fern, netted chain fern, royal fern, cinnamon fern, and New York fern, often growing beneath a layer of mountain laurel.
- There are mushrooms and nettles and lady fern fiddleheads.
Definition of lady fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan