Definition of lady fern in English:
A tall, graceful fern of worldwide distribution that favors moist shady habitats.
- Athyrium and other genera, family Woodsiaceae: several species, in particular A. filix-femina
- On moist slopes above the terraces, northern maidenhair replaces the lady fern, and oceanspray populates the shrub layer.
- Near the streams is an abundance of lady fern, netted chain fern, royal fern, cinnamon fern, and New York fern, often growing beneath a layer of mountain laurel.
- There are mushrooms and nettles and lady fern fiddleheads.
Definition of lady fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.