- Used euphemistically to refer to a prostitute.More example sentences
- In the end the best option seems to be brothels and hopefully after a few years the ladies of the night will gradually leave the streets for the relative safety of an organised and licenced building.
- It was a play about, let's say, a lady of the night and my parents thought it was too risqué for me to see it.
- There aren't many homes that make you feel you're both the tightly corseted heroine of a romantic costume drama and a lady of the night about to embark on a seedy affair.
More definitions of lady of the nightDefinition of lady of the night in:
- The British & World English dictionary