Definition of ladybug in English:
A small beetle with a domed back, typically red or yellow with black spots. Both the adults and larvae are important predators of aphids.
- Family Coccinellidae: several genera and species, including the familiar convergent ladybug (Hippodamia convergens)
- Green lacewings, like ladybugs, diminish aphid and mealybug populations, as well as thrips.
- After the read aloud, the text was extended as children examined pictures of a cricket, a ground beetle, and ladybugs, and they made comments and comparisons.
- They are multicolored Asian ladybugs or ladybird beetles, first introduced to the southern United States to control aphids.
Definition of ladybug in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan