- 1A respectful form of reference or address to a woman who has a title: the car is outside, Your LadyshipMore example sentences
- His actress wife, known respectfully as Her Ladyship, is kind but baffled.
- I pause there, your Honours, to say, with the greatest respect to her Ladyship, that is, in fact, a very crucial observation.
- Her Ladyship added that ‘a number of new requests were subsequently made by the Rochamel Development.’
- 1.1 • ironic A form of reference or address to a woman thought to be acting in a pretentious or snobbish way: bow everyone, Her Ladyship’s actually gracing us with her presence!More example sentences
- Imagine the traffic snarls which would happen if Her Ladyship went to work.
- Her Ladyship is down for the weekend, so the latest entry into the Idiot of the Week hall of fame is just going to have to wait.
More definitions of ladyshipDefinition of ladyship in:
- The British & World English dictionary