- A destructive mudflow on the slopes of a volcano.More example sentences
- Some volcanic eruptions generate dangerous lahars (mud flows of volcanic ash mixed with water) that travel far beyond the volcano.
- Continued growth increases the risk of partial dome collapse, which could trigger moderate explosions and possibly significant lahars (volcanic mudflows) from the crater.
- Major valleys cutting the volcano's flanks have been partly or completely filled in by pyroclastic flow deposits and lahars.
1920s: from Javanese.
More definitions of laharDefinition of lahar in:
- The British & World English dictionary