- 1A wild animal’s resting place, especially one that is well hidden.More example sentences
- What a desolation it has become, a lair for wild animals!
- As it is an offence to kill or ‘knowingly disturb’ an otter, the developers will now have to construct a replacement holt - an underground lair - for the animals.
- He would build his own dens from what was available or send his female accomplice out to look for empty animal lairs, sometimes she found them, others times she didn't.
- 1.1A secret or private place in which a person seeks concealment or seclusion.More example sentences
- She retreats upward, seeking the seclusion of her rooftop lair.
- A short gallery of sketches shows off Jun's sense of fashion; another sketch gallery includes production art for villains, secret lairs, and gadgets galore.
- Two of Gordon's enemies plot his downfall from their secret lair.
Entry from British & World English dictionary