noun (plural laminae /-ˌnē, -ˌnī/)• technical
- A thin layer, plate, or scale of sedimentary rock, organic tissue, or other material.More example sentences
- The preservation of the delicate neural arch laminae in cervical and dorsal vertebrae further indicates that the bones underwent little transport.
- The neural arches of sauropod vertebrae are comprised of thin laminae of bone connecting the zygapophyses, diapophyses, and neural spine.
- These connections occur through apertures in the basal laminae of both endothelial and epithelial cells.
Pronunciation: /-ˌnōs, -ˌnōz/adjective
mid 17th century: from Latin.
More definitions of laminaDefinition of lamina in:
- The British & World English dictionary