- 1Consisting of laminae.More example sentences
- The lowest part consists of the mineral neomesselite, which has a delicate laminar or platelike structure.
- 2 Physics (Of a flow) taking place along constant streamlines; not turbulent.More example sentences
- Since air in laminar flow has a higher pressure than turbulent air, the laminar flow behind the ball creates less of a ‘sucking’ effect behind the ball which would substantially slow it down.
- When I try to explain the boundary layer, laminar flow, turbulent mixing, entropy, and autopsies to them, there eyes just glaze over.
- The flow was largely laminar, and the streamlines remained remarkably coherent and showed little deviation during the course of the experiment.
More definitions of laminarDefinition of laminar in:
- The British & World English dictionary