noun (plural lanais)
- A porch or veranda.More example sentences
- As he sat on our lanai sewing and repairing the nets that had been brought to him, he would always cast a knowing eye toward the ocean and the horizon beyond.
- You'll stay in luxury Sea Ranch Cottages or bungalow-style garden suites with ceiling fans and spacious lanais or patios.
- Designed in the 1970s, the Oberoi was the first of the luxury hotels to build lanais in the local vernacular, a style much copied by subsequent architects.
More definitions of LanaiDefinition of lanai in:
- The British & World English dictionary