Definition of lancewood in English:
Any of a number of hardwood trees with tough elastic timber, in particular.
- ● A Caribbean tree (Oxandra lanceolata, family Annonaceae). ● A New Zealand tree (Pseudopanax crassifolius, family Araliaceae).
- He is regenerating mahoe, karaka (called kopi in the Chathams), ribbonwood, matipo, karamu, nikau palms, lancewoods, and kowhai.
- Then they went further north to a patch of regenerating nikau, kopi and lancewood trees.
- The ground surface is a crumbly screed dotted with spinifex and occasional leopardwood and lancewood trees.
Definition of lancewood in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan