Any of a number of hardwood trees with tough elastic timber, in particular.
- ● a Caribbean tree (Oxandra lanceolata, family Annonaceae). ● a New Zealand tree (Pseudopanax crassifolius, family Araliaceae).
More example sentences
- He is regenerating mahoe, karaka (called kopi in the Chathams), ribbonwood, matipo, karamu, nikau palms, lancewoods, and kowhai.
- Then they went further north to a patch of regenerating nikau, kopi and lancewood trees.
- The ground surface is a crumbly screed dotted with spinifex and occasional leopardwood and lancewood trees.
Definition of lancewood in:
- The British & World English dictionary