- A horse-drawn four-wheeled enclosed carriage with a removable front cover and a back cover that can be raised and lowered.More example sentences
- So you can visit the faded but still fun Dr Who experience, or ride down the sea front on a horse-drawn landau.
- Mr Smith had 30 horses, which were stabled on the upper floor of the building, and a fleet of wagonettes, gigs, landaus, hearses, wedding and mourning coaches, which entered by a ramp at the front entrance.
- The Royal Procession, started by George IV in 1825, is steeped in history, and involves landaus, light carriages used for short distances, the first of which was made in 1838.
mid 18th century: named after Landau, near Karlsruhe in Germany, where it was first made.
More definitions of landauDefinition of landau in:
- The British & World English dictionary