- A boat specially designed for putting troops and military equipment ashore on a beach.More example sentences
- Upon crossing the Sound to Port Howard, the troops climbed into an Army landing craft to be ferried to a nearby beach.
- Many more never made it ashore because the landing craft beached too far out, and they drowned under the weight of the equipment they carried.
- The first landing craft landed military vehicles that were subsequently damaged by mines.
More definitions of landing craftDefinition of landing craft in:
- The British & World English dictionary