- A conventional telecommunications connection by cable laid across land, typically either on poles or buried underground.More example sentences
- More and more people are using mobile phones as their home phone, keeping their landlines strictly for broadband service.
- Secondly, mobile phones, landlines, IP telephony all now can interconnect with one another, making the world a smaller place.
- This is a key point: wireless phones could never have replaced landlines on landline phones' own terms.
More definitions of landlineDefinition of landline in:
- The British & World English dictionary