Definition of langoustine in English:
A large, commercially important prawn.
- Nephrops norvegicus, class Malacostraca
- Oh they're really quite small, they'd be about the same size as a nice big tiger prawn or a langoustine, so half the size of a lobster that you would expect to buy in the shop that had been caught in the wild.
- Colin hand-dives for scallops when he has time, and a friend's creels supply us with crabs and lobsters, crayfish and langoustines.
- For main, if your'e feeling decadent, why not go for the lobster platter; langoustines, mussels, whelks, oysters all surround the halved lobster on a bed of ice.
Definition of langoustine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan