Definition of language engineering in English:
The field of computing that uses tools such as machine-readable dictionaries and sentence parsers in order to process natural languages for applications such as speech synthesis and machine translation.
- Questions of language engineering have generally been more vigorously considered in the US than in other English-speaking countries.
- Rhetorical's origins involved work carried out at Edinburgh University by Moens and Taylor on speech and language engineering.
- Our implementation of NegEx is created as a processing resource using the JAPE regular expression system within the GATE framework for language engineering.
language engineer noun
- Example sentences
- Writing source code is the essence of my work as a language engineer.
- To a language engineer constructing a human-computer interface, 'performance' is the only important measure of success.
- I'm a language engineer by trade and usually this means I'm working on compilers or tools for other languages I didn't have any part in designing.
Definition of language engineering in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan