A long-tailed arboreal Asian monkey with a characteristic loud call.
- Presbytis and other genera, family Cercopithecidae: several species. Compare with leaf monkey
More example sentences
- Vietnam is host to several principal kinds of primates: gibbons (lesser apes), langurs and macaques (which are both monkeys), and lorises (which are prosimians).
- Rare hoolock gibbons and capped langurs can be seen in the forests, and birds include giant hornbills and Bengal floricans.
- Spotted deer, sambar, barking deer, chevrotian (mouse deer), wild pig, gaur, bonnet macaque and langur are the most preferred species.
early 19th century: via Hindi from Sanskrit lāṅgūla.
Definition of langur in:
- The British & World English dictionary